Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 22:49:52 EDT

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Robert Foxworth wrote:

> > I took classes the last several terms, but not this time (scheduling
> > conflict). Does that count?
>
> I took a language course with Educational Outreach at USF 2 years ago.
> Hey, I'm good to go.

I'm not sure USF would consider either of us to be students.

> Still have my old parking pass (yes, officer, really)

I bought one online this summer before it was determined that I wouldn't
be going there this term. Argh. At least it's good for Spring too.

> Parking is a bear during the day but could probably be doable
> at night without having to walk farther than now at HCC when
> one has to park near the Lois Ave entrance.

Shorter walks if you drive a motorbike or use the handicapped spaces. :-)

> But I bet few of these buildings have an internet connection at
> user-level. Maybe I ^H^H someone should do a kismet run to see what's
> up around there. (for education of course)

802.11 is becoming more common in USF "public" areas (especially the
library); theirs uses no WEP, but the first web access through it routes
you to some USF page where it requests your MAC (it should know that), USF
email address, and password(!) for that account. You have to do that once
per term. A student can use 3 MACs, but I don't know if that's
sequentially or simultaneously.

rm -f /bin/laden