Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 01:39:02 EDT

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:44:13 -0400, Dylan William Hardison
<dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Spake Tevfik Yucek on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 07:30PM -0400:
> > How many USF students are in this list? If we start a linux users
> > group at USF, we can schedule rooms easily. We need around 10
> > students I belive and I can get at least 5 members from my friends.
> >
> I was under the impression there *was* a USF LUG already,
> actually. Someone even brought it up before.
>
> Actually I'm sure there was about a year and a half ago;
> I found it before I found SLUG. I didn't pursue it further
> as it said "open only for University of South Florida Students".
>
> I had forgotten of it until someone mentioned it a few months/weeks
> back....
>
> \begin{quote}
> From: mrpeaceful@cfl.rr.com
> Subject: Re: RE: [SLUG] Humor
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 02:01:52 -0400
>
> When forming Linux Users at USF, a girl offered to be our mascot. By
> almost universal consensus, the BSD demon was adopted in favor of Tux.
>
> Rabbis with beanies are still allowed.
>
> Tyler
> \end{quote}
>
> Either Mr. Peace was lying, sarcastic, or from an alternate universe.

lying=no, sarcastic=always, from an alternate universe=still up for debate

as for the lug... the one you heard about first was probably something
that was only partially formed and then quickly forgotten, I tried
emailing the person in charge and he had left the university, hence
the weird situation with any new groups...

over the summer semester, meetings were more difficult to organize,
but there seem to still be more than a few interested parties in favor
of some real meetings/projects/events

By the way, I should stick to one email address from now on to avoid confusion.

Tyler