Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 00:44:13 EDT

Spake Tevfik Yucek on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 07:30PM -0400:
> How many USF students are in this list? If we start a linux users
> group at USF, we can schedule rooms easily. We need around 10
> students I belive and I can get at least 5 members from my friends.

I was under the impression there *was* a USF LUG already,
actually. Someone even brought it up before.

Actually I'm sure there was about a year and a half ago;
I found it before I found SLUG. I didn't pursue it further
as it said "open only for University of South Florida Students".

I had forgotten of it until someone mentioned it a few months/weeks
back....

\begin{quote}
From: mrpeaceful@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Re: RE: [SLUG] Humor
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 02:01:52 -0400

When forming Linux Users at USF, a girl offered to be our mascot. By
almost universal consensus, the BSD demon was adopted in favor of Tux.

Rabbis with beanies are still allowed.

Tyler
\end{quote}

Either Mr. Peace was lying, sarcastic, or from an alternate universe.

Alas, I'm not a USF student yet. I'm going the cheaper
route of getting my A(A|S) at SPC and transfering to USF after
that -- in about two years to get my BS. :(

--
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
             -- Charles H. Duell, 1899