Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 13:39:55 EDT

> Financial support from USF:
> We can get money from USF if we participate in activities or
> organize ours. We can organize a picnic and get money for example.

We tossed around some ideas at a few meetings for events. Of course
you have the obligatory installfests, but since most installations are
getting execeptionally easy, we might have to have a "Gentoo" or "LFS"
installfest, since they're probably the only ones that you'll need
serious help with. A couple other ideas, one of the guys absolutely
loves writing MPI software, so he suggested getting Student Government
to let us invade one of the computer labs after hours with a few
openMosix-based live cds and turning one of the labs into a "flash-mob
supercluster" of sorts.

If we got a running relationship with SG labs, there was even
discussion of getting a few permanent linux desktops in the labs.

> Members:
> With the Tyler's members we have enough member, although we dont
> have not so many from this list, hehe..
>
> Tyler, among your list, is there someone (or you) who can do the
> paper works. We need a president as well. In this kind of stuff,
> usually president does most of the work. Do you have any candidates?

I was always in favor of a "Triumvirate" sort of arrangement so the
president doesn't ending up doing all the work but the group is still
small enough that things can get done on time. We need to have some
sort of elections before the paperwork gets finished, because officers
are required information for A&S.

If you'd like, I'll send you my draft of the constitution so you can review it.