Re: [SLUG] here's a stupid one.. :)

From: themadtux (themadtux@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 01:22:44 EDT

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 21:36, Tyler Vann-Campbell wrote:
> They have apt for rpm now, along with yum. I use apt-get on my Fedora
> system. It's not 64-bit though. I'm too in love with Portage at the
> moment to think too long about apt-get and 64-bit machines.

Yeah I've been playing with Vidalinux (http://desktop.vidalinux.com/) which is
a friendlier release of Gentoo. It's pretty slick and though not a full
source install since you install a base install for your system. But it makes
installing gentoo much easier.

I've also been playing with Onebase (http://www.onebaselinux.org) and it's
also a source based as well as binarie based distro. It's very slick.. I
like it a bit more then gentoo. It has it's own portage type of thing..
called OLM.

-Jason