Re: [SLUG] another reason for linux - part two

From: John Pedersen (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 16:15:08 EDT

Steve Szmidt wrote:

> Correction! - I ment to say the last SP BEFORE they changed the EULA.
>
> The change occurred with SP3, not SP2 as I said above.

Speaking for myself, I took your meaning to be as you intended. I
wonder if it would be worthwhile to backpedal, from SP4. I remember
with NT4, there were so many programs that needed to have SP6. I
gather that SP2 is adequate for running all programs? Or would I
break things by reinstalling to the SP2 level. Any thoughts?

John