Re: [SLUG] another reason for linux - part two

From: Tevfik Yucek (yucek@eng.usf.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 22:00:50 EDT

> How many here ONLY use or rely on Linux?

I've been using linux as my ONLY Os over the last one and half year.
Over this time I learn a lot of stuff about linux and totally
converted.

Software that I use for my simulations are installed in our server
(Solaris) to which I ssh and run these programs (Matlab, ADS, etc).
I have also matlab in my computer. For reports and presentations I
use latex (with bibtex) which works great for academic environment.

I've an NT account in a company in Canada which basically pays my
salary. I connect to that computer (rdesktop) if I really need to
work on Word or Excell. I dont use them, but people like them and
send me files.

I like linux. Especially gnome 2.6. Man.. thats beautiful.