Re: [SLUG] Sendmail

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 17:39:04 EDT

Joe Brandt said:

>> You need to set up a POP or IMAP server in addition to the SMTP server.
>> What distro are you running on the server?
>>
>> Doug
>>
> Mandrake 8.2

Find out if you have an IMAP server already installed with the command:

rpm -qa | grep imap

I think Mandrake 8.2 includes the urpmi package tool. If you do not have
an IMAP server installed, you can install using the following command:

urpmi imap

This is the UW IMAP server. By default, I think it will look in
/var/spool/mail/username for your mail. You may need to configure your MTA
to put mail there, and in the correct format (make sure it's not in the
Maildir format).

There are other IMAP servers you may want to investigate. UW is very
simple to set up and administer. Cyrus is a little more difficult, but has
more functionality and better performance in enterprise environments.
There's also Courier, Dovecot, and many others that I'm not familiar
with...

Doug