Re: [SLUG] Resolved: how to read the tiny CF cards in Palm Pilots

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 10:08:38 EDT

On Monday 23 August 2004 01:05 am, Tyler Vann-Campbell wrote:
> This might be completely out there, but have you tried something like
> a usb mass storage type deal with the pilot cd reader?

That would work. My main problem was how to connect to the Palm OS in a way
that navigated to the flash card. Not easily done, from what I could tell.
Anyway, I resolved (not solved really) my problem by breaking down and using
a MMC-capable flash card reader, which works like a charm. Now my problem is
how to convert the stupid .asf movie files my palm camera generates and
turning them into mpeg movies so I can put them on my website. Is there a
command-line tool to do this conversion. avifile-utils looks promising, but
it's difficult to figure this out from the man pages. Thanks for any
insight! -Eric