[SLUG] Acronis ate my GRUB

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 11:46:00 EDT

Well, I was so happy with my dual boot it was really working well. I
went in and
started cleaning all of the junk I had pulled down to clean up the disk one of
which was Acronis software which by the way is demo only and does not allow
you to do any changes, since they purchased and integrated Partition Magic
into their product you have to pull it down to at least take a look at it. Well
the demo installs a boot manager, in my cleaning it out it pulled the
boot manager
out which I thought I had already deactivated, but as it turns out it was just
transparently booting ExPee... When I installed LINUX and GRUB I guess
that Grub was actually pointing to this Acronis junk, and when I pulled Acronis
off it appears to have killed Grub. I am trying to figure out what the
best way to
get it back is?

Does not even come up now, the machine comes up and boots ExPeee no
questions asked.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;