Re: [SLUG] Acronis ate my GRUB

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 12:23:32 EDT

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Chuck Hast wrote:

> When I installed LINUX and GRUB I guess that Grub was actually pointing
> to this Acronis junk, and when I pulled Acronis off it appears to have
> killed Grub. I am trying to figure out what the best way to get it back
> is?
>
> Does not even come up now, the machine comes up and boots ExPeee no
> questions asked.

Sounds like it removed GRUB and restored the XP bootsector. Boot from a
Linux CD and reinstall GRUB. The Novell/SuSE DVD may do. So would
probably any other distro CD if that's easier.

BTW, my laptop is back from IBM if you want to compare notes. They were
_very_ fast -- called on Tuesday, box arrived Wednesday, DHL pick-up on
Thursday, laptop back here on Monday. So they probably had between Friday
evening and Sunday morning to fix it.

      He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool;
        and he who dares not is a slave.  -Sir William Drummond