Re: [SLUG] Acronis ate my GRUB

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 15:17:56 EDT

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:54:31 -0400, Steven Buehler <swbuehler@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:24:31 -0400, Chuck Hast <wchast@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I figured as much. All I want to do is restore GRUB, those idiots at
> > Acronis, like
> > most windows SW people just assume that everything fits a mold and you will
> > follow like lemmings.
>
> With Mandrake Linux it's a simple matter of booting off Install CD#1,
> and selecting "Reinstall boot loader" or similar option from the
> curses menu that comes up once the boot sequence is complete.

I am going to check it as soon as I get home. I do not have the DVD's here.
I know this much, I would never recommend Acronis again for that. I initially
had followed their instructions to "remove" the bootloader after it stuck it
on there, seems you could not just check the sw out (I was interested in the
defragging and resizing of the disk) you had to take the whole 9 yards and
that with a disabled demo only, i.e. you could not commit the changes.

I am definitly happy with what PerfectDisk did, should have stopped right there.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;