Re: [SLUG] Mouse thinks it's a squirrel

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 20:08:53 EDT

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:11:25 -0400, Knowles Burrell <kburrell3@gmail.com> wrote:
> With an adaptor. It came with the mouse when I bought some years back.
> Its a little green thing, with a female USB connector and male PS/2
> connector. The mouse by default is USB.
>
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:13:11 -0400 (EDT), Eben King
>

> <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Knowles Burrell wrote:
> >
> > > I had the same issue with a USB moused connected to a USB2.0
> > > connector.
> >
> > How did you do that? PS/2 is 6 pin round, USB is 4 pin flat.
> >
> > --
> > -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
> > AQUARIUS: There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the
> > back of a speeding bus. Fill the void in your pathetic life by playing
> > Whack-a-Mole 17 hours a day. -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_

> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

I have some around here, never had to use them, got them with a lot of
early serial stuff that had been converted to USB. So you plugged the
thing into the USB connector on your mouse or keyboard and then you
could plug that device into a PS2 or mini-din.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;