Re: [SLUG] X server for Winblows

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 22:49:54 EDT

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Robert Snyder wrote:

> I am still stuck in windows alot of the time do to some applications
> that I have to run just no if ands or buts about it. So i am looking
> for Xserver for windows so i can do xfowarding on my suse server box i
> just setup. since vnc does not seems to work.
>
> But would prefer a windows xserver if possible

Xceed (Hummingbird) \ both commercial $$
Xwin32 /

I've heard of a Linux distro that converts VFS calls into Wondows API
calls (I think), so it does sorta the inverse of what Win4Lin does. Can't
find it on Distrowatch; my google-fu must be weak today. That may be more
than you want.

I got my hands on a free X server for Windows once... it sucked, of
course (you get what you pay for). Dunno where it came from or what
became of it.

You could run a Mac emulator and then run a Mac X server on top of that...
slow.

   Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
   would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                 -- Oliver Cromwell