Re: [SLUG] Evolution for SuSE 9.1 ??

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 23:10:41 EDT

On Thursday 26 August 2004 10:25 pm, you wrote:
> Beside the fact that all of the
> bells and whistles are now working on this laptop (never been able
> to get sound to work on a laptop before) and the only thing that was
> irritant was the video thing, all I had to do was go in and give it the
> x and y measurements and it is happy!

That is really weird. I have always had exactly the opposite problems with
SuSE on my laptops. Video was always detected correctly and I could never get
sound working. I have tried every version from 7 to 8.2 on my Thinkpad 600.
Video was never a problem, but I have never managed to get the sound module
to work with SuSE.

 The most laptop friendly distros that I have tried yet have been Mandrake and
Mepis. Mandrake has worked without any fuss on every machine that I have ever
installed it on, and Mepis only required updating ALSA to work on the laptop.

Jeff