Re: [SLUG] another reason for linux - part two

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:51:49 EDT

All I am saying is opensource and free programs are not the end all
and neither is commerical applications.

There are alot of examples where I could show a opensource or free
program that does better than commerical software. But on the other
hand I have just as many of example of the opposite. Me and Eric had
a converstion at logans little bash about OSX Server I where alot of
OSX server is open source software wrapped ina a shiny apple wrapper.
Eventually that is exactly what going to happen to all OSes they are
going to end up having a combonation of commerical closed sourced and
Opensource apps and free closed source and open source apps as neither
is a solution by it self.