[SLUG] Improving Xserver preformance

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 10:02:17 EDT

Well after playing around with the demos for all the major Commerical
Windows Xservers... ended up picking up eXceed for just over 60
dollars under an educational licence. While it feels the fastest
out of them all. I need to figure out where I am having a bottleneck.

Windows side

P4 2.4ghz
768 megs DDR 333
GF2 Pro 64 meg DDR ( I just dont play alot of games )
Broadcom Net Extreme Gigabit Nic connected to a WET11 Wireless to
Eithernet Bridge (802.11B)
Windows XP Professional SP2

Server
P3 500E ( socket 370 not Slot 1)
i810 Chipset with on board 4 megs video memory not shared.
192 Megs pc 100
Linksys WMP11 The orginal with the Prism 2.5 chipset.
Suse 9.1 Professional

Now I trying to figure out where my bottle net could be.
I tried putting in more ram into the server and even though i have the
correct ram ( speed and timing ratio) the board is just plan old
picky SOB....
Or is it just too much info getting pushed through limited pipes of 802.11b
Or something else I am just not thinking about.
Faster host processor can take her up to 933