[SLUG] SuSE Splash screen

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 23:52:22 EDT

Folks,
I am really enjoying running Linux on this laptop, beyond that fact that
it appears that Novell does not support 9.1 for Evolution (what a pitty
because I was planning on walking into the office, starting up Linux
and logging into the Exchange client at work and bugging the life out
of certain low life MS only people at work! B->) and when I try to install
Java, it does not know what to do with the .bin files that Sun sends.

What I would really like to do is get rid of the SuSE lizard splash screen,
maybe I am oldfashion or it brings back bad memories of MS stuff, but
I like to see all of the start up stuff that I got so used to with RedHat and
other distros, SuSE puts this splash screen on and it sets there until the
GUI starts up (which I have fixed because I like it to boot to a cmd prompt
first) I would just like to see the plain old B & W screen with all of the stuff
scrolling across, anyone who is familiar with SuSE know how to get rid of
that horse ugly splash screen?

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;