Re: [SLUG] SuSE Splash screen

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 00:12:04 EDT

Felix Boecker wrote:

> you could try uninstalling all the bootsplash related packages

I just installed SUSE 9.1 PRO from Novell's technical resource kit.
At the start of the install it said Splash=0 would give no Splash Screen and
Splash=Verbose would give you the F2 choice.

For those who don't have a bootable DVD drive or are using an external
USB DVD drive like me you can make boot floppy's.
If you read the DVD from a Linux the Boot folder has the files and tells
you how to do it. It takes three floppy's to boot. There are also data for
five module floppy's on the CD. #1 module includes USB drivers.
I used the upgrade my SUSE8.2 PRO choice and only needed the 3 boot
floppy's to get it started.

Can someone tell me how to get Roadrunner going on SUSE9.1 Pro?
I had it ok on 8.2 PRO. I am ok on XANDROS 2.0,which set it up totally
automatically.

Richard Smoot