Re: [SLUG] Re: making a usb device persist longer -- strike 2

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:47:18 EDT

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 08:32:40AM -0400, Robert Snyder wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:43:40 -0400, Bob Stia <rnr@sanctum.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 September 2004 03:14 pm, Robert Snyder wrote:
> >
> > > All I saying it is in i post i poked fun at bush next one might be
> > > about kerry or ralph nader... I dont care.... everyone is open game
> > > during the electon plain and simple
> > Yeah OK, BUT....NOT on this list OK ??? Please???
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> I Just going to say look at Roblimo's post on this. Plain and simple
> he said it better than I can.

Robin's _original_ post on this thread was harmless. _Your_ post was the
first to introduce current political candidates, thus turning the thread
truly toward politics.

> Also I have not seen my comments caused politcal flame war.

The point is that I don't want it to _get_ to a political flame war.
Fortunately, (and to the credit of list members) most people have acted
with restraint to prevent it from becoming a flame war.

> Also if
> you get real techincal about this. It states the the slug-politics
> list is for and I qoute " when heated topics get started on the
> "slug-list" This is far from a heated topic. It become one either.

Please don't force me to revise the list guidelines because people want
to get "technical" about the rules. _Technically_, politics is not
permitted on the SLUG list. Mentioning current political figures running
for office is most certainly politics.

Let's move on, shall we?

Paul