Re: [SLUG] Xchat for windows no longer free!!!

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 21:10:44 EDT

Apparently he has made some bad pr moves

Developer known as SliverX who had made his owned tweaked windows
versions... He did have a subdomain at xchat.org and he stiep the sub
domain and made sure no free versions were easily available.

He does not seem to support the software. so if i having problems i
might get help from him or i might not. basicly if he cant answer it
he says go to the forums. Heck people use to do that on the free
versions.

But I think after having a free product that all of a sudden went
shareware people gotten upset. Well alot of comparing it saying they
are going back to mirc. So say well mirc was never free. I say back
to that , that even though mirc was never free at least we knew from
day one what to expect. Just like people did not take well when they
thought winamp was going back to shareware only. They provide two
versions free and paid paid one has more features but i dont need it.
I feel the same way about xchat if he was offereing somthing i was not
getting before. I mean I donated 50 dollars to him not to long ago
Personally i think i that shoudl go towards the licence fee but he
wont get back to me on that.