[SLUG] SOLVED: no prompt

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 16:54:59 EDT

I figured out why I was having problems with my usb device not persisting and
my /dev/pts not autoloading to create x-term prompts: it's all udev's fault.
For Debian with (kernel 2.6 at least) udev hoses a lot of things, because
it's not mature yet. Turn it off and recreate your devices
with /dev/MAKEDEV. All works well for me now.

--
Eric J