Re: [SLUG] OT: M$ deals the final blow

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 14:38:56 EDT

I would like to say after...

LONG LIVE THE THREAD....

is that I love the fact that M$ is making heavy handed decisions that
taste bad in the mouths of their customers. I think that from the Linux
standpoint, the more obvious the intrusion, the better. They have been
doing this for a long time and in much more subtle ways. It is
difficult to impress upon people how much control they are losing and
how much less privacy they have until this kind of thing happens. Add
that to the fact that people only pay and pay and pay for so long while
we enjoy the same functionality with little expense before the become
wise to what is going on. Microsoft's removing some portion of backward
compatibility in XP and their removing the ability for customers to
purchase W2k (IMHO the best OS they've had, and at this rate ever will
have) is costing customers again and again without any real added
functionality. From their prospective going from 2K to XP just adds a
sence of "cartoon" to their business lives.