Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: Web Server on Mac SE/30]

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 06:45:59 EDT

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:07:43 -0400, Russell Hires <rhires@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hey Guys and Gals,
>
> I thought this was kinda cool. Talk about old hardware! Enjoy...
>
> Russell

I use to have a little mac classic that ran apache and served stuff
out on this thing called the internet then it died.... But used a
different method than you did... I used a BSD virtual machine
software that was to go against apple AUX it was called Machten. it
allowed you to run the bsd mach kernel inside Mac os.... from there
installed apache... best part is since it was in mac os all the
networking was not a pain in the ass to handle. But then the
external hd decided to give up the ghost and i sold the mac classic on
ebay for 300 dollars.