Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: Web Server on Mac SE/30]

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 09:41:20 EDT

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Robert Snyder wrote:

> [...]

A major point against MachTen (or however it was capitalized) was that you
could not quit it. Once you ran it you were stuck in it. I guess it
overwrote some parts of MacOS. I'm surprised it ran on a Classic; I ran
it on my PowerMac 7100 (before MkLinux came out and killed it).

> But then the external hd decided to give up the ghost and i sold the mac
> classic on ebay for 300 dollars.

Nice. Was there something unusual about it?

VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
for you.  Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
head impaled upon a stick.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_