[SLUG] Null modem and phone cord

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 23:01:53 EDT

Hello all...

So here I am, trying to get my mac to output to serial (through the
modem) to my pc (through its modem)...using a regular phone cord. I
don't have a null modem cable, besides, I've got two different kinds of
hardware...they don't have the same type of connectors, though they do
share the modems and phone cord...

Both are running debian, and I know that I'm talking to the modem on
each machine, but I can't get the one to output to the other. Or if it
is, I can't tell...

I'd like to know if it's possible to use a regular phone cord to have
one pc output to serial to another pc. Can anyone help!

TIA

Russell