Re: [SLUG] Preventing checks of initrd when mounting /dev/ram0

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 14:57:07 EDT

> I've set the flags on the initrd before compressing it
> so it should not MMC check or interval check. I'm a little
> confused, since if I start the /etc/init.d/ scripts manually,
> the system works as it should and the filesystem works. Also
> running fsck externally on /dev/ram0 also reveals a clean
> filesystem. I'm baffled and any assistance should be helpful.

When going through gentoo's init.d scripts, have you gone back as
far as what is kicked off by your inittab? There could be a fsck
lurking in the boot script that would explain why it works for you
when you run your /etc/init.d/ scripts manually rather than the
process kicked off by your inittab.

Another thing to check, I suppose, is by "set the flags on the
initrd" are you talking about running tune2fs directly, or is
there something between you setting your flags and the tune2fs
call? If there is something in-between you and tune2fs, are you
sure the mount count and interval flags are being set correctly?
dumpe2fs will tell.

~ Daniel

Get your name as your email address.