[SLUG] Preventing checks of initrd when mounting /dev/ram0

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 12:03:29 EDT

On a small CF-IDE based system I mount an initrd as the root
filesystem and then mount /etc and others onto small non-empty "stub"
directories, so as to minimize writing to CF storage while having an
rw filesystem to work with.

The distro for all of this is Gentoo, and when it goes through the
boot process it complains about the superblock on /dev/ram0 when it
checks the filesystem. The root filesystem is a compressed initrd
image, so it shouldn't change. I'd like to remove filesystem checks on
the root filesystem. I've tried removing checkroot with rc-update, and
I've set the flags on the initrd before compressing it so it should
not MMC check or interval check. I'm a little confused, since if I
start the /etc/init.d/ scripts manually, the system works as it should
and the filesystem works. Also running fsck externally on /dev/ram0
also reveals a clean filesystem. I'm baffled and any assistance should
be helpful.

Tyler