Re: [SLUG] Re: Bootable Linux Floppy -- copying is easy, booting in another matter ...

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 18:41:59 EDT

Yes, move all the files except the syslinux binary file (I think it is
syslinux.bin off hand). Look at the man for syslinux, it creates the
binary file when you execute the syslinux command for your card. The
binary for one drive will not work on another. So any time you change
to a different size CF you will need to run syslinux on the new card.
Then run syslinux on the CF. Your truncation problem is because you are
mounting the CF as fat16. You want to format it with fat16 which you
will get with mkdosfs. However, when you mount it, you want to run
mount -t vfat /dev/hdX1 /mount/point. Of course where X="the correct
correct hard drive". The vfat will prevent truncation.

Larry.