Re: [SLUG] Re: Bootable Linux Floppy -- copying is easy, booting in another matter ...

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 22:12:15 EDT

Here is where I am at. It goes through a lot of stuff after loading vmlinuz and
the initrd files. I would like to be able to stop those screens and see if there
is any indication in there that something is not right, but I can not do so or
do not know how. I have tried all of the usual stuff and no luck.

I will start about 5 lines prior to where the error takes place.
>> = my comments inside the loading text

-------------
RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
EXT2-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
>> the bootable floppy displays this warning too, suspect that it is due
>> way the whole thing is loading the FS.
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
Booting floppyfw
mounting: proc
generating links. (thanks to busybox.lineo.com)
Generated
Mounting: /dev/hda1 (vfat)
mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /mnt/tmp failed: block device required

** floppyfw.ini failed... starting a shell

BusyBox v0.61.pre (2002.12.01-12:51+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built in commands.

sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
And that is as far as she gets.
I suspect from the 'block device required' that something is amiss between
the floppy format and the CF card format.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;