Re: [SLUG] Re: Bootable Linux Floppy -- copying is easy, booting in another matter ...

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 00:20:05 EDT

Sorry, I've been away. It looks like you have a pretty successful start
here. The last statement is that you are booting to sh. It just looks
like you might need to add some nodes in your dev directory. Make sure
that when you are looking at what files you need to be present for a
successful boot that you are in fact mounting initrd.img as loopback and
dealing with the folders and files inside of it. They are the ones that
should be making up your file system in ram when you have booted. It
looks like it is wanting the /dev/ttyX files to at least get you to a
prompt you can work from. Email me directly and I'll help get you to a
good development point.