Re: [SLUG] Router

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 01:51:23 EDT

Richard Smoot wrote:

> I would install and run the free Spybot Search and Destroy and maybe
> Adaware.
> Beware several sources put out things with similar names I don't trust.
> I also use
> Zonealarm too. I like to know when somebody is trying to phone home.
> I haven't been using Windows for the Web for a good while.
> Why don't you set her up dual boot with someting like Xandros. I 've got
> my wife
> using Xandros quite happily now.

If using Windows: In addition to using Spybot Search and Destroy
(safer-networking.org) and Lavasoft Ad-Aware (lavasoftusa.com), I'd also
recommend Bazooka Spyware Scanner (kephyr.com) and good non-Microsoft
replacements for Internet Explorer (my favorite is Firefox) and Outlook
Express (my favorite is Thunderbird). Since this is getting rapidly
off-topic, I guess you're invited to contact me off-list if you have any
questions about what I just said in this email.