RE: [SLUG] OT - Why 123 was written for DOS, not CP/M-86

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 20:18:03 EDT

>>I drooled over the DEC Rainbow

Man, that was a sweet machine. Funny, at first, you couldn't format
floppies. You had to buy them from DEC. They changed that later when the
machine sales were in the dumpster.

As I understand it, MS sold IBM a non-exclusive, royalty free MS-DOS license
for under $100,000.

Gates took a gamble. So far, he's ahead.

Ken Elliott