Re: [SLUG] Supporting Linux - Point and Click Linux at Brandon Dec 2

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 19:21:36 EDT

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:09:42AM -0400, Robin Roblimo Miller wrote:

<snip>

> It's all the same to me; my per-copy
> royalties are small (about $1.50) no matter where you buy.

Out of $27 discounted price, you get $1.50. How bad does that suck? I
had to get out my scientific calculator to figure the miniscule
percentage-- 5.5%. There are a lot of people making a lot of money in
this business, and the guy who writes the books isn't.

Sorry for the rant, but crappy royalty rates really irk me.

Paul