[SLUG] Re: Supporting Linux - Point and Click Linux at Brandon Dec 2 -- Publishers

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 10:37:45 EDT

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 10:09, Robin "Roblimo" Miller wrote:
> Hope to see you Dec. 2. I'll happily autograph copies whether you buy
> them there or bring them with you. It's all the same to me; my per-copy
> royalties are small (about $1.50) no matter where you buy. I wrote this
> book not for the money but because I simply wanted it to exist -- and
> now it does.

Roblimo --

I'm surprised you are at liberty to publicly discuss your royalty
agreement. But I have not read your contract so what do I know?
 ;-ppp

I'm not at liberty to discuss any of my contracts, but I can tell you if
you are considering writing a book, please check out Packt Publishing:
  http://www.packtpub.com/index

They were formed by some of the former Wrox people. They actually
sought me out with a title in mind, but I can't say much else for now.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
"Communities don't have rights. Only individuals in the community