Re: [SLUG] Linuxcertified laptops?

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 02:18:44 EDT

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:
> Mark Polhamus wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of buying a laptop from Linuxcertified:
>> <http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lc2500.html>.
> Hey,
>
> I looked into getting one of their laptops as I feel the same way,
> wanted a good reliable laptop, 15"-17" LCD screen, DVD burner, large
> RAM, etc. I ended up going with an HP zt3380us from Circuit City for

Thanks for the info.

I just went to HPshopping.com and configured an ZD7000 to match the LC2530 as
close as I could. Came up with a price of $1974 after rebate, vs. $2899 for
the LC2530!* I guess I can spend some time for $925!

I remember reading something that put me off of HP laptops, can't remember
what it was... I've also been looking at the Toshiba 17" laptops.

* Once I add in options I want (DVD writer, WiFi, ...) I'm back up to around
$2500. Similarly configured Toshiba P30 is in the same ballpark.

-- Mark Polhamus