Re: [SLUG] Debian on laptop

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 07:38:07 EDT

Hi CHuck , et al ,

   Just as an aside, IF you like Debian or are curious
about it, then another solution for those who are
Linux techie sorts, would be a distro called Damn
Small Linux.

  I have a 486-33 that I have Debian "Woody" installed
on. Its an older machine obviously and it had no CD
rom. After an entire afternoon, 30 or so FLoppies and

Alot of "Iron Chef" I got it installed and the thing
runs like a top. I fell in love Debian after that.
That being said.. Damn Small Linux is a Knoppix/Debian
Derivative and Its a great toy. It fits on a 50 Meg
Live CD and installs in 300 Megs on the HD.

  It is possible that you may be able to pick up your
wireless card with that and have your Debian too !

  Just a thought..

Mark