Re: [SLUG] Dual Boot into Three boot

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 11:14:32 EDT

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:35:06 -0400, Caleb <calebsr2k@acm.org> wrote:

> I currently have Xandros 2.5 dual booting with XP. My question pertains
> to installing Fedora 2. I believe that Lilo is the boot loader. Is
> there anything special that I need to do? I have already set up some
> spare room on my drive. I have not however partitioned anything for
> Fedora.

No, nothing special. You can have two lilo.confs, but synchronization is
a nightmare. Decide where you're going to have it, mount the other /boot,
add the third OS's kernel to lilo.conf, "lilo -v" (so you can see what
it's doing). There might be some way to install a second lilo inside of
Fedora's partition and daisy-chain to that, but I've never done that and
it sounds like more pain than it's worth.

I hope this mail client wraps its lines...

PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
You are the Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at
work say.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_