Re: [SLUG] Dual Boot into Three boot

From: Caleb (calebsr2k@acm.org)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 19:37:39 EDT

Eben King wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:35:06 -0400, Caleb <calebsr2k@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> I currently have Xandros 2.5 dual booting with XP. My question
>> pertains to installing Fedora 2. I believe that Lilo is the boot
>> loader. Is there anything special that I need to do? I have already
>> set up some spare room on my drive. I have not however partitioned
>> anything for Fedora.
>

> No, nothing special. You can have two lilo.confs, but synchronization
> is a nightmare. Decide where you're going to have it, mount the other
> /boot, add the third OS's kernel to lilo.conf, "lilo -v" (so you can
> see what it's doing). There might be some way to install a second
> lilo inside of Fedora's partition and daisy-chain to that, but I've
> never done that and it sounds like more pain than it's worth.
>
> I hope this mail client wraps its lines...

Okay maybe I did not make clear. I am currently running both Xandros
Business 2.5 Linux and XP on a laptop. I have partitioned the drive for
another distro of linux (Fedora 2). My problem is that last time I
tried to triple boot I was only able to see Fedora and XP. My ultimate
choice is to have :

Fedora 2
Xandros 2.5
XP

In that order. I believe that xandros installs Lilo. I also read that
Fedora defaults to Grub, but can use Lilo also.

My question is how to do this? I will be more than glad to email my lilo
conf file and any other data required.

I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Thank you