[SLUG] Ubuntu low memory mode install

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 18:37:06 EDT

I'm trying to install Ubuntu on an old laptop with only 32 MB memory.
While the installer is loading with the message "Loading components of the
Ubuntu installer", I keep getting a low memory message, that says:

Entering low memory mode: This system has relatively little free memory,
so it will install in low memory mode. Among other things, this means that
the installation will proceed in English. You should set up swap space as
soon as possible.

I press enter to continue, it start over trying to load components, then
the low memory message comes back. I'm stuck in this loop. Can I somehow
set up swap space before loading the installer? Or is there another way to
install Ubuntu on a low memory system?

Thanks!!

Doug