Re: [SLUG] Debian on laptop

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 21:36:02 EDT

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:02:29 -0400, Eric Jahn <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
> On Monday 25 October 2004 11:19 pm, you wrote:
> > But when I do a ifconfig, all I see is the 'lo' entry, no eth0 or any other
> > assigment.
>
> Please post the contents of your /etc/network/interfaces file
>
> Also, could it be that your prism chipset-handling module isn't loading even
> though pcmcia is? But I thought Prism 2 handling was built into the kernel.
> Oh yeah, and please post your full lsmod and dmesg output.

Here they are, it does not look like they are getting called, I tried
a eithernet
card, it recognizes it but does not do anything beyond recognizing it.

Here is the lsmod, dmesg and interfaces files. interfaces got truncated as I
used a CF card to transfer the files, It DID recognize that just fine. And I was
able to mount it no questions asked. By way I am doing everything from cmd
line, this machine needs to be cmd line only as I am trying to set it
up to handle
radio protocols and want it to be as simple and low overhead as possible. Also
need to get back away from the stinking GUI.