Re: [SLUG] Verizon Fios fiber and Slackware

From: suzda@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 11:39:00 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:48 am
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Verizon Fios fiber and Slackware

> Looking at what you're saying, particularly about the MTU, it seems
> like it's an issue with their routers, but I don't really know how to
> resolve it.
>
> Can I ask what they're charging? And what area you're in? And do you
> have an empty room for rent? :P
> ----

I think that's the standard MTU that Verizon is using. They use PPPoE for authentication. I've downloaded a web100 kernel to see what the tcp parameters should be. I'll probably work on that this afternoon.

The rates are 5/2 Mbps - $39.99, 15/2 Mbps - $49.99, and 30/5 Mbps - $199.99. If you have a qualifying phone service, I have the Verizon Freedom plan, you get $5 off these rates. I live in Meadow Pointe, in Wesley Chapel. The 'empty' room has 8 systems in it.

Tom