[SLUG] IRQ and IO Address conflicts for PCMCIA slots

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 18:34:18 EST

I'm currently trying to set up an old laptop as a firewall using
VectorLinux (a Slack derevative). I have one 3Com PCMCIA NIC that uses the
3c574_cs module, and a DLINK PCMCIA NIC that uses the pcnet_cs module.

I can get both of these to work seperately, but not at the same time.
Whichever card is in socket 0 always works, and the other doesn't. Using
the "cardctl config" command reveals that both cards are trying to use
IRQ3 and IO address of 0x0300-0x031f.

Is there a way to configure which IRQ and IO address a PCMCIA card uses? I
have both IRQ 5 and 7 free. Also, how would I go about figuring out which
IO addresses are free?

Thanks!