[SLUG] Re: the golden rule of discussion can go to hell Bryan J smith -- my 2 off-list responses (I'll let others judge)

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 20:08:23 EST

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 19:27, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Paul,
> i know i told you I would be polite and I would watch my lanuage when
> posting. But after trying to address this Mr. Smith about his
> contsant changing of the topic field scrwing up email threads features
> in Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, ... cut ...
> I did try contacting mr smith off the list politely asking him to
> either please stop it and be curdious to other members of this list or
> to simply cut back on the number of times he does it.
> He responded like an asshole being rude so this is why this is being
> put up here you might think this should be ins slug pol but it has to
> do with this list and not slug politics.

This is not the first time it has come up in a LUG, and it won't be the
last. I have discussed this _exact_subject_ with _all_ officers at LEAP
over the last 3 years. Based on their recommendations, this is how I
post.

Here are my two off-list responses in their _entirety_. I will let
others judge me as they see fit. I tried to be polite. Sorry if I was
viewed as an "asshole," but I _have_ entertained extensive comments on
this matter prior.

*** Off-list Response #1 ***