[SLUG] Mac Linux Distros - G3 upgraded ppc mac

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 13:45:18 EST

I am sitting on a 7300 aka 7500 aka 7600 (all share the same
motherboard) Long story short it has a Newer Tech Max Power G3 300mhz
upgrade card in the unit. It use to be an issue with linux not beging
able to use the 1mb backside l2 cache on the g3 card . This happens
to make a big difference in speed. Is this still and issue with the
G3 upgrade cards and linux. I have OSX on the unit right now but have
some extra space. (about 20 gigss free i was going to use for linux)
but I dont want to go through the hassle of installing linux for it to
be slower than dirt because it cant enabled the g3 l2 cache.