Re: [SLUG] OT - FreeBSD Users Group

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 20:25:47 EST

> > I'm just getting started in the world of FreeBSD and wanted to know
if
> > anyone is aware of a FreeBSD group here in Tampa. I've tried and
> > thought I found one, but it appears to be invalid contact info.

> Some of us are trying to get a BSD group started here in the
> Clearwater/Tampa area. I received a message about a meeting that was
> scheduled for tonight, i.e

> I went there last month and I was the only geekey one there. Let me
> know if you are interested.
>
> Paddy

I would certainly participate. The first FreeBSD I used was 2.2.8
and the latest 4.9 in addition to the FreesBie bootable CD. Although
I have not tried every single intervening distro.

Clearwater and Tampa are equally distant for me, i.e. equally
suitable.

I'd like to see interest shared with OpenBSD as well.

- Bob