Re: [SLUG] Sarasota Meeting: If you attend, read this.

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 22:07:07 EST

Robin "Roblimo" Miller wrote:
<snip>

> I apologize for not being more than one person.

<snip>

> you could have searched and/or posted in the Mepis.org help forum.

<snip>

> if you want one-on-one support from Microsoft

<snip>

> a better use of my time to write books, give group presentations

Hi Robin!

Hmm, is there an echo in here? Seems you sent this twice. Excuse me if I
answer only once.

I was unaware of the forum having this information and I will check this
out BUT you missed my point. I have served as volunteer IT guy for a
non-profit for some 10 years and in this capacity I have installed
Windows from 3.1 through XP, uh, SEVERAL times. Windows setup *is* point
and click. Your book title implies or states that MEPIS is also point
and click. Well, it's not. Even after all the work by bona-fide pros
last night I still don't have sound!

All you need is for someone to make a false advertising case against you
over your book title, it will really make your day. If you reply sweetly
to all of your emails people will think well of you and probably not do
this.

Regards,

Pete