Re: [SLUG] Linux and Palm Expansion Flash MMC Cards

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 15:48:32 EST

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Eric Jahn wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 12:04 pm, Eben King wrote:
> >
> > You mean, something to write to the card when it's in the PDA? I think
> > that'd have to be a PalmOS program.
>
> Yes, ultimately what executes the functionility has to be a PalmOS program,
> but what I'm asking about is something in Linux that, via the USB connection,
> can call the PalmOS program, passing to it a file that is to be stored in the
> MMC Flash Card while it is in the Palm.

I would do the search in the other direction, asking Palm people for an
app that implements a filesystem over USB that Linux can read. And
because often Linux can read more than they think it can, optionally leave
the last bit off. Of course, if you're already doing this, never mind.

--
The powers in charge keep us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor
with the cry of national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil to