Re: [SLUG] the golden rule of discussion can go to hell Bryan J smith

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 23:24:04 EST

Chad Perrin wrote:
> Pete Theisen wrote:

<snip>
> Are you talking about the Mozilla suite email component? If so, you
> might take a shot at Thunderbird (also made by Mozilla, but a
> stand-alone client). It has the ability to organize mail by threads.

Hi Chad!

I tried to install Thunderbird on MEPIS, but I couldn't. MEPIS sucks,
but not as much as RH 8, Mandrake, SUSE, Caldera . . . At least MEPIS
will use the hardwired Toshiba winmodem ROFL. Now if I could just print,
hear sounds, write to floppies, install applications - picky, picky . . .

Why can't we get a distro that just works?

Regards,

Pete