Re: [SLUG] is it just me?

From: Mike Dittmeier (mike@bluecrabtech.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 18:19:56 EST

I chose dovecot over cyrus because of the documented install steps that
I found for cyrus. The fact that I would have to create imap accounts to
be used with cyrus v.s. using the list of existing unix users as the
list of email users. It was just a simple install for someone who had
not installed or configured either of the imap servers before. I do
intend to visit the mater further as far as security, stability, add-on
features, and speed. The idea in mind is to create a simple install pack
that will reduce and standardize the installation of smb servers for
customers as well as spreading the work on Linux. A large portion of the
business industry is small mom and pop businesses, that I feel have been
left out of the linux world. Commercial software developers don't
provide as many aps for linux as they do for Windows for a reason. That
can be changed very quickly if we can convert a large portion of these
smb businesses to linux. My plan is to pull together alist of commonly
used packages that provide all of the services and apps used by smb
business to include accounting packages, pos sytems, and so on.

Ditt

--
Mike Dittmeier, RHCE, MCSE
mike@bluecrabtech.com